- Confessions of a DeafBlind Mother - How to Create a Great Japanese Garden in Small Space - ...
- Deaf News Today - Deaf Man Gets $175K Settlement
- The Tree House. - Rumour Has It
- The Tree House. - Twas Truly A Pleasure By Lesley Kiddell-Spencer.
- The Tree House. - The Six Degrees Of Separation.
- The Last Hiccup - EMG vs AGBell: The Duel in D.C.
- At The Rim - Buying into the deaf dream
- At The Rim - Awareness...
- At The Rim - Declaring your disability to an employer..
- The Limping Chicken - Watch: New BSL short film from SignHealth, showing impo...
Category Archives: video
In the Fall of 2010, MTV sent a team to Gallaudet University to film a short series called “Quiet Campus”. If you haven’t seen it, here’s the short 3-part series (captioned) going into GU’s Homecoming Football Game… Part 1 Part … Continue reading
I’m no stranger to watching Reality TV shows. My favorites have always been shows like “Survivor” and “Celebrity Apprentice” (unless you count shows like “Dirty Jobs”, “Mythbusters”, and “Storm Chasers”). Like many of you, I also really enjoy the scripted … Continue reading
If you do not understand American Sign Language, please click on the ‘CC’ button on this YouTube video to understand. One thing that I’ve been frustrated with is not just the lack of captioned videos out there, but the hurdles … Continue reading
Watching these just seem so sweet to me.
I’ve uploaded my final project for my ASL 4 class. It’s using different comparisons. I chose to use actual global Internet stats.
This is interesting. The legendary music artist Paul McCartney released the following video of his song “My Valentine”. The video stars Natalie Portman and Johnny Depp…both signing the lyrics.
Keith Wann is one of my favorite ASL comedians and he does a great job showing how interpreting from one language to another can really be a complicated thing. Even if you’re not that familiar with ASL, you may realize a couple … Continue reading
Did you realize that the IRS has a YouTube channel in ASL (subtitled and audio provided as well)? For instance, do you know why your tax returns are due on April 17th instead of April 15th this year? Watch the … Continue reading
I attended two Deaf events and this is my review of them. As always, turn on the Closed Captions to see what I intended to sign.
I feel like the next couple of weeks will all be about making videos and exams! Here’s my Video Journal #2. As always, make sure the Closed Captions are turned on so you can see what I intended to sign!