- Confessions of a DeafBlind Mother - How to Create a Great Japanese Garden in Small Space - ...
- Deaf News Today - Deaf Man Gets $175K Settlement
- The Tree House. - Rumour Has It
- The Tree House. - Twas Truly A Pleasure By Lesley Kiddell-Spencer.
- The Tree House. - The Six Degrees Of Separation.
- The Last Hiccup - EMG vs AGBell: The Duel in D.C.
- At The Rim - Buying into the deaf dream
- At The Rim - Awareness...
- At The Rim - Declaring your disability to an employer..
- The Limping Chicken - Watch: New BSL short film from SignHealth, showing impo...
Category Archives: culture
In the Fall of 2010, MTV sent a team to Gallaudet University to film a short series called “Quiet Campus”. If you haven’t seen it, here’s the short 3-part series (captioned) going into GU’s Homecoming Football Game… Part 1 Part … Continue reading
I’m no stranger to watching Reality TV shows. My favorites have always been shows like “Survivor” and “Celebrity Apprentice” (unless you count shows like “Dirty Jobs”, “Mythbusters”, and “Storm Chasers”). Like many of you, I also really enjoy the scripted … Continue reading
If you do not understand American Sign Language, please click on the ‘CC’ button on this YouTube video to understand. One thing that I’ve been frustrated with is not just the lack of captioned videos out there, but the hurdles … Continue reading
It is perhaps more important than you realize…
Watching these just seem so sweet to me.
New Logo Represents Gallaudet University’s Bilingual Mission Gallaudet University ushered in a new era today with the unveiling of a new university logo. The symbolic design of the logo represents the university’s bilingual mission by portraying “Gallaudet University” in American … Continue reading
A Natural Selection
A reader of this blog, John Nikolakopoulos, sent me this video and I really liked it. Thought I’d share it. John wrote: …I am the writer Director of Quiet Signs of Love, a short film about a deaf woman and … Continue reading