- Confessions of a DeafBlind Mother - How to Create a Great Japanese Garden in Small Space - ...
- Deaf News Today - Deaf Man Gets $175K Settlement
- The Tree House. - Rumour Has It
- The Tree House. - Twas Truly A Pleasure By Lesley Kiddell-Spencer.
- The Tree House. - The Six Degrees Of Separation.
- The Last Hiccup - EMG vs AGBell: The Duel in D.C.
- At The Rim - Buying into the deaf dream
- At The Rim - Awareness...
- At The Rim - Declaring your disability to an employer..
- The Limping Chicken - Watch: New BSL short film from SignHealth, showing impo...
Category Archives: culture
Perhaps you remember this from last October during New York’s Superstorm Sandy: Yes, it seems that the nation was suddenly interested in Sign Language translation (some by interest, some by mocking) of Lydia Callis as she translated NY City Mayor … Continue reading
Enjoy Keith Wann’s storytelling reminiscing as a child as a CODA with his Deaf mother.
A CODA is a ‘child of deaf parents’. They live their own world. Keith Wann grew up in this world as a hearing son of Deaf parents. Some of his story (told in a comedic way) is a lot of … Continue reading
Ever wanted to go to a surf camp? What about a Deaf Surf Camp?!?! And by ‘Deaf’ I mean the entire Deaf culture (Deaf, HoH, Coda, etc). It’s happening in, of all places, Costa Rica! That’s right…This May, you can … Continue reading
Keith Wann is a popular comedian in the Deaf community. He is a CODA (child of deaf adults). Keith has a 4-year-old son named Douglass. They are family friends and renowned ASL story-teller Peter Cook. Douglass asked Cook to create … Continue reading
Here’s a nice little video about some of the breaking news of the Deaf community in 2012.
I’ve watched the following video a couple of times and I want to share it with you. However, I’m withholding my comments for the moment. I would really like to encourage you to watch it and leave your comments below. … Continue reading
As a Christian, I’ve learned to discern between people who say they walk with God and those who actually walk with God…in other words, really follow the humble, caring spirit of Jesus. And that’s why I’m disturbed about the following … Continue reading
I don’t know about you, but this is possibly the cutest video of a child using ASL ever!