- Captioned Web TV - DramaWorld
- Deaf News Today - Deaf student says University didn't provide interpreter
- Deaf Network of Texas - ASL Deaf Social 4/1/17 Houston
- Deaf Network of Texas - Legislative Day at The Capitol 4/27/17 Austin
- Deaf Network of Texas - Client ASL Interpreter Relations 4/1/17 DFW
- Cats and Chocolate - Anne Bishops The Others
- Silent Grapevine - #whyisign
- Silent Grapevine - RIT Carillon Bells Ring Again
- Silent Grapevine - RIT on TV: Fast Forward Film Festival
- The Limping Chicken - Watch: The moment a 6 year old Deaf Syrian boy signs fo...
Author Archives: rob
In early August, 2013, it was reported by Mashable that the new Google Glass product was not a great idea for the Deaf. However, Deaf News Today reports that Google Glass can be very helpful in teaching parents of Deaf … Continue reading
Perhaps you remember this from last October during New York’s Superstorm Sandy: Yes, it seems that the nation was suddenly interested in Sign Language translation (some by interest, some by mocking) of Lydia Callis as she translated NY City Mayor … Continue reading
In New Hampshire, back in 2010, four-year-old Anthony Smith was hearing-impaired and using a hearing-aide in his daily life. They referred to it as his ‘Blue Ear’. However, little Anthony insisted that Superheros didn’t have hearing aids. Step Up: Marvel … Continue reading
Enjoy Keith Wann’s storytelling reminiscing as a child as a CODA with his Deaf mother.
A CODA is a ‘child of deaf parents’. They live their own world. Keith Wann grew up in this world as a hearing son of Deaf parents. Some of his story (told in a comedic way) is a lot of … Continue reading
In 2010, USA Today reported that the top 4 ‘foreign languages’ taught in colleges and universities are as follows: 1. Spanish 2. French 3. German 4. American Sign Language (ASL) AKA:
Ever wanted to go to a surf camp? What about a Deaf Surf Camp?!?! And by ‘Deaf’ I mean the entire Deaf culture (Deaf, HoH, Coda, etc). It’s happening in, of all places, Costa Rica! That’s right…This May, you can … Continue reading
Keith Wann is a popular comedian in the Deaf community. He is a CODA (child of deaf adults). Keith has a 4-year-old son named Douglass. They are family friends and renowned ASL story-teller Peter Cook. Douglass asked Cook to create … Continue reading
Here’s a nice little video about some of the breaking news of the Deaf community in 2012.
I’ve watched the following video a couple of times and I want to share it with you. However, I’m withholding my comments for the moment. I would really like to encourage you to watch it and leave your comments below. … Continue reading